- +31 20 59 85602
- faculteit der economische wetenschappen en bedrijfskunde ( management en organisatiekunde )
- Full Professor Sustainable Entrepreneurship
Enno Masurel (born 6 December 1959) is Professor in Sustainable Entrepreneurship at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and the Acting Academic Director of the Amsterdam Center for Entrepreneurship (ACE). His educational background is business economics; in the last decade he has moved more into the direction of business administration and entrepreneurship.
His main activities are:
- Education: courses in the joint MSc Entrepreneurship and the BSc Business Administration at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, various electives in entrepreneurship at other faculties and supervision of PhDs.
- Research; his main focus is entrepreneurship and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), with special reference to innovation, sustainable entrepreneurship and the lifecycle of the firm.
- Management: he is a member of the Management Team and the Acting Academic Director of ACE.
- Valorisation: bridging the gap between the academic world and the private sector, by showing mutual benefits and building long term relationships.
- Capacity building in Africa: supervision of PhDs and training of university lecturers in Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia and Zambia.
Enno Masurel studied Business Administration at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (1979-1986). After his graduation, he joined the Economic and Social Institute of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam as a researcher. He received his PhD in 1993, and after that he became the Head of the Business Administration Department of the Economic and Social Institute. In 2004 he was appointed Professor in Sustainable Entrepreneurship at the Centre for Innovation and Corporate Sustainability of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (in the period 2004-2008 he was also the acting director). Since March 2008 he is a member of the Management Team of ACE, the partnership between the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam, the University of Applied Sciences Amsterdam and the Amsterdam School of the Arts. In 2014 he became the Acting Academic Director of ACE, until now.
Next to his academic role, he is advisor/coach of entrepreneurs and SMEs, advisor to international publishers in the field of entrepreneurship and speaker for various audiences.