Deze pagina is verplaatst. U wordt doorgestuurd.
- +31 20 59 84252
- faculteit der economische wetenschappen en bedrijfskunde ( management en organisatiekunde )
- Assistant professor
Dr. Valérie Duplat is Assistant Professor of Strategy at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Before joining VU Amsterdam, Valérie was a faculty member at the EDHEC Business School, France. She obtained her Ph.D. in Strategic Management from the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium, in 2009.
During her Ph.D., Valérie visited the University of Maastricht for nine months and the University of Michigan for one and a half years. In June 2013, she obtained the Junior Faculty Award granted by the FNEGE (French Foundation for Management Education). Thanks to this Award, Valérie visited the Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, for six months in 2014.
Research interestsThe current research of Valérie Duplat focuses on the inter-firm conflicts in strategic alliances and their resolution. In particular, her research interests include:
- Dispute resolution mechanisms in strategic alliances
What drives the occurrence of inter-partner conflicts in strategic alliances?
What is the role played by mediators and arbitrators in their resolutions?
How do the differences in institutional environments and legal systems influence the decision to opt for arbitration instead of public court at the negotiation phase of international joint ventures?
To what extent do the control and coordination orientations adopted in technology licensing agreements impact the choice for arbitration over public court at the negotiation phase?
- Role of third parties in strategic alliances
How do technical and legal experts (e.g., consulting firms, lawyers, technology brokers, patent experts) influence the negotiation and management of technology licensing agreement?
- Contractual design of strategic alliances and their renegotiation over time
How do modes of governance alternative to formal contracts (such as trust, prior experience in alliances or the board of directors) impact the occurrence of contractual renegotiation of joint ventures over time?
Her work has been published in Managerial and Decision Economics, in Small Business Economics and in M@n@gement. Valérie co-organized professional workshops on contractual design of strategic alliances at the 2011 and 2012 conferences of the Academy of Management (in San Antonio and Boston respectively).
Teaching and management areas
Valérie has been teaching courses on Corporate and Business Strategies (MSc), M&A and Strategic alliances (MSc), International Business Management (MSc and BSc) and Organizational theory (BSc).
In each of her courses, Valérie links theory and practice by organizing consulting projects with real-world companies. Those consulting projects have involved companies such as Philips Lighting, Dailymotion, FrieslandCampina and NLC (health tech incubator in Amsterdam).
Since 2016, Valérie also serves as Bachelor and Master Thesis Coordinator for the Management and Organization Department.
Prizes and honors
- Best Paper Proceedings for the IMD Division at the annual conference of the Academy of Management – paper co-authored with Deverakonda, S., Klijn, E., & Reuer, J. (2017)
- FNEGE Junior Faculty Award (French Foundation for Management Education) (2013) Best Paper Proceedings for the BPS Division at the annual conference of the Academy of Management – paper co-authored with Coeurderoy, R., & Hagedoorn, J. (2010)
- BAEF fellowship (Belgian American Educational Foundation) (2007-2008)
- ICM fellowship (Inter-Collegial Institute for Doctoral Studies in Management) (2007-2009)
- FNRS travel grant (Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique)
Outside of work, she is an avid in-door climber.