This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 89520
- faculteit der economische wetenschappen en bedrijfskunde ( ruimtelijke economie )
- Full Professor
ResumeHarmen Verbruggen is Professor of International Environmental Economics at the VU University Amsterdam, Department of Spatial Economics. He is past Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, and past Director of the Institute for Environmental Studies at the same university.
Research interestsHarmen Verbruggen’s major field of specialisation is the interplay between development economics, international economic relations and environmental studies. His research interests cover the interrelationships between environment and international trade, the international coordination of environmental policies, environmental policy instruments and clean technology.
Educational activitiesIntroductory course in economics and business economics.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Netspar (Network for Studies on Pensions, Ageing and Retirement);
- Chair of the Interdepartmental Working Group (IBO) Government’s Policy on Nature, Ministry of Finance;
- Member of the Board of the Amsterdam Center for Entrepreneurship (ACE), Member of the Scientific Committee of the Manure Act (CDM);
- Chair of the Programme Committee Environment and Economy of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) Research Programme;
- Member of the Committee Sustainable Development of the Social Economic Council (SER);
- Consultant for UNCTAD and OECD on International Trade, Environment and Development Issues
Last changes Ancillary activities: Amsterdam 06 februari 2017