This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 86074
- faculteit der economische wetenschappen en bedrijfskunde ( management en organisatiekunde )
- Associate Professor
Claartje Vinkenburg, PhD 1997, is affiliated with VU University Amsterdam as an associate professor of organizational behavior and works as an independent consultant. She studied Social Psychology at the University of Groningen. In 2000-2001, she was a visiting scholar and adjunct lecturer at Northwestern University (USA). In 2011, Claartje spent a sabbatical leave as visiting professor at ESADE Business School in Barcelona. As managing director of the Amsterdam Center for Career Research (ACCR) at VU University Amsterdam from 2006 to 2014 Claartje was instrumental in co-creating various externally funded research projects on professional careers. Her research, partly funded by the European Research Council, deals with gender and ethnic diversity in professional and academic careers. She critically explores the impact of implicit bias, normative beliefs, and discursive practices on career systems, patterns, and outcomes to promote diversity and inclusion. Claartje teaches Diversity in Organizations (MSc HRM) and Professional Skills (BSc IBA) and supervises PhD. MSc and BSc thesis candidates. She has written various book chapters and has published in the Academy of Management Review, the Journal of Social Issues, and the Leadership Quarterly.
- Gender, diversity, and inclusion in careers in professional services and academia
- The impact of implicit bias, normative beliefs, and discursive practices on promotion, selection, and careers
- Sustainability in combining career and care
- Diversity in organizations (MSc Business Administration, elective HRM track)
- Professional Skills (BSc International Business Administration)
- PhD, MSc, and BSc theses supervision
Publications from 2000 (link to METIS)
Sociale vraagstukken: www.socialevraagstukken.nl/site/2014/01/27/laten-we-ophouden-met-woorden-als-papadagen/
Research projects (VU based)
- Team member of ERC CSA support grant GendERC on gender bias in ERC panel selections, with VU FSW van de Besselaar and Joanneum Research (2014-2015)
- Principal investigator of ERC CSA support grant “Capturing gendered career paths of ERC grantees and applicants” (Acronym: ERCAREER) (2012-2014)
As owner and director of C.J. Vinkenburg Advies, Claartje Vinkenburg offers evidence based expert advise to organizations in the public and private sector, in particular research producing and research funding organizations as well as professional service firms. Claartje facilitates workshops, gives keynote lectures, writes and talks about promoting diversity and inclusion in career systems, policies, and practices.
LinkedIn profile: https://nl.linkedin.com/pub/claartje-vinkenburg/6/31/167