- +31 20 59 82374
- faculteit der economische wetenschappen en bedrijfskunde ( marketing )
- Assistant Professor
Arjen van Lin is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at VU University Amsterdam since 2013. He obtained his Master and MPhil degree (cum laude) and PhD at Tilburg University. Arjen was the runner-up for the EMAC McKinsey Marketing Dissertation Award 2015. For more information, visit his personal page: http://sites.google.com/site/arjenvanlin.
Awards, honors, and grants
- Runner-up EMAC McKinsey Marketing Dissertation Award, 2015
- Consortium Fellow, ISMS Doctoral Consortium, Özye?in University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2013
- Consortium Fellow, AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2012
- Runner-up Dutch Marketing Thesis Award, Marketing Association Nederland, 2010
- Winner Best Thesis Award in Marketing, Tilburg University, 2009
- Marketing models
- Bayesian learning models
- Entertainment goods
- Van Lin, Arjen and Els Gijsbrechts (forthcoming), "The Battle for Health and Beauty: What Drives Supermarket and Drugstore Category-Promotion Lifts?," International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM)
- Van Lin, Arjen and Els Gijsbrechts (2014), "Shopper Loyalty to Whom? Chain Versus Outlet Loyalty in the Context of Store Acquisitions," Journal of Marketing Research , Vol. 51, No. 3, pp. 352-370.
- Van Lin, Arjen and Els Gijsbrechts (2015), “Trouw, Maar aan Wie? Keten- versus Winkelpuntloyaliteit in de Context van Winkelovernames [Shopper Loyalty to Whom? Chain versus Outlet Loyalty in the Context of Store Acquisitions],” in MOA Jaarboek 2015: ontwikkelingen in het marktonderzoek [MOA Yearbook 2015: developments in marketing research] , 109-126.
Full list of publications
- "The Spatio-Temporal Roll-Out and Consumer Adoption of a New Chain" (with Els Gijsbrechts), under revision for 2nd round review
- Retail Management (MSc Marketing)
- Marketing Engineering (BSc Economie en Bedrijfseconomie)
- Master Thesis Supervision (MSc Marketing)