Friday September 30,13.30 hrs (coffee at 13.00)
Auditorium | Tinbergen Institute | Gustav Mahlerplein 117 | Amsterdam
The p-value Debate
A must for anyone interested in statistics and/or econometrics
Farewell symposium of Dr. A.F. (Aart) de Vos for which he wrote:
'How to use the p-value in making decision'
(I seem to have too little paint in my cans. It is significant. What should I do?)
The classical significance test reinterpreted
A bridge between Bayesians and frequentists
With an all-star set of speakers (key phrases between brackets)
- Prof. J.O. (Jim) Berger (could Fisher, Jeffreys and Neyman have agreed on testing?)
- Prof. J.M. (Jose) Bernardo (Objective Bayesian Hypothesis testing)
- Prof. A. (Tony) O’Hagan (Subjective Bayes, 'no more p-values')
- Prof. P.D. (Peter) Grünwald (Bayes Factors and Truth Finding)
- Prof. D. (David) Draper (on video, Bayes Factors and Decisions)
- And others
|Coordination||Prof. S.J. (Siem Jan) Koopman|
|Debate led by||Prof. A.W. (Aad) van der Vaart|
|Sign in by email@example.com|
Optional Morning Programme (VU, 10.30-12.00 hrs): What is this all about?
An easy explanation (mainly pictures) of all the concepts for those unfamiliar with Bayesian Inference. Only if sufficient interest. Sign in by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject 'Morning Course'.